Back in January when I had started the Whole30 I knew I needed to be organized from the start, in order for it to work long-term. I wanted to make going Paleo a lifestyle not just a fad diet. I hate the word diet and I will never refer to Paleo as a diet either.
On Sundays, I do majority of the food prep for the week and then again mid-week I usually have to boil more hard-boiled eggs and roast some veggies to get us through the week. I plan 2-3 meals for dinner for the week and have a couple different options for lunches.
Here is my grocery list for this week (I will not list everything, just the food items, no one cares what kind of toothpaste I am buying or what shampoo):
- 2 dozen large eggs (all meals/snacks)
- GTS Kombucha – strawberry & mango (new flavors for me) (lunch)
- Sliced turkey breast – Applegate Farms (lunch)
- Black olives –(snack/lunch)
- coconut milk – Thai Kitchen (paleo creamer)
- Beef Stick –Oregon Trail (snack)
- Sauerkraut –Sprouts (Breakfast/dinner)
- Bacon – Sprouts (breakfast/snacks)
- Skirt steak – Sprouts (dinner/lunch)
- Smoked sausage – Sprouts (breakfast/dinner)
- 1 lb carrots- Sprouts (all meals/snacks)
- 4 broccoli crowns- Sprouts (all meals)
- 6 medium/large red beets- Sprouts (all meals/snacks)
- spaghetti squash – Sprouts (lunch/dinner)
- sweet potatoes – Sprouts (all meals/snacks)
Veggies I had in my organic produce delivery:
- red leaf lettuce
- springs onions
- baby Bok choy
- green beans
Today’s food prep included:
- Marinated beets – will use for a side to any meal
- Roasted carrots & sweet potato- use as a side
- hard-boiled eggs- use when need extra protein for a meal or even a snack
- baked chicken- snack, salad or need extra protein for a meal
- fried bacon- breakfast, salads or snacks
- sautéed greens w/ spring onions & bacon fat– use as a side w/ any meal
- Steamed broccoli —use as a side w/ any meal
- Rinsed spinach & red leaf lettuce – salads for lunch or dinner
Meals planned for dinner:
- spaghetti squash and meatballs- leftovers for dinner or lunches
- Kielbasa (smoked sausage) & sauerkraut– leftovers for dinner or breakfast
- Skirt steak stir-fry –leftovers for dinner or lunches
***Will post the spaghetti squash & meatballs recipe along with the skirt steak stir-fry later on in the week, as I make them.
Meals planned for lunch:
- Turkey roll-ups : turkey slices w/ spinach, sliced baby carrots, avocado rolled up w/ yellow mustard drizzled on top.
- Trader Joe’s chicken jalapeno sausage
- any leftovers from dinners
By planning our meals every week and prepping as much as I can on Sundays, it helps me stay on track. I always make sure I have snacks ready in case I get hungry between meals.
After I complete my 21 DSD tomorrow, I plan on staying with the paleo lifestyle, but if I want a couple of cookies or some chocolate (or a pound, same thing-same thing) I will not beat myself up about it and just move on.
I am looking to mix up my breakfast, getting a little tired of eggs. Need some suggestions.
What do you eat for breakfast?
Do you have the same thing for lunch every day or do you mix it up?