Well, I actually did the majority of my food prep for the week yesterday because I knew today I was going to be gone most of the morning. This morning started off with a nice 8 mile run with my running buddies and then came home in just enough time to get changed for a tea party with some of my girls from my mom’s workout group I am a part of. I actually got *dressed up* for this outing, it doesn’t happen very often where I get to wear clothes that match and that are not yoga pants and a tank top.
This tea house we went to was so cute and the food was delicious. The tea time consisted of 4 different types of tea we got to consume: raspberry peach, tirimisu, peppermint and
apple spice, potato soup which was super delicious, Quiche, cranberry scone and ended with a variety of croissant sandwiches, lemon squares, chocolate covered strawberries and mini cake balls (that tasted like fudge).
I can’t remember the last time I ate this much food at once and in such a short period of time. It is safe to say I am still very stuffed, some 3 hours later.
Enough of all this tea time talk, onto my food prep for the week:
Grocery list (does not include all non food items and food for Z or hubby):
- eggs (Costco) (all meals)
- Starbucks coffee (Costco) (anytime-always a staple)
- Ground beef (Costco)
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts (Costco)
- Banana chips (Sprouts) (snack)
- Kerrygold butter (Sprouts) (decided to treat myself this time to some grass-fed butter)
- Yellow Mustard (Sprouts)
- Applegate Farms Organic all beef Hot Dogs (Sprouts) (lunch or dinner)
- Applegate Farms Organic breakfast pork sausage (Sprouts) (breakfast)
- Applegate Farms Organic turkey deli slices (Sprouts) (lunch)
- bulk pork sausage (Sprouts) (all meals)
- Smoked bacon (Sprouts) (all meals)
- 1 lb baby carrots (Sprouts) (lunch/snack)
- fresh cilantro (Sprouts)
- garlic (Sprouts)
- Green Kale (Sprouts) (snack)
- Green onions (Sprouts)
- Sweet Potatoes (Sprouts)
- Spaghetti squash (Sprouts) (dinner/lunch)
- Bananas (Sprouts) (snack/pre-run)
- Yellow onions (Sprouts)
- Chobani yogurts (Target) (lunch/snack)
- Spinach (Sprouts)
- make hard-boiled eggs (snacks/extra protein)
- Roast carrots/sweet potatoes (@ 375 for 45 mins, check every 20 mins or so until cooked)
- Roast green beans —>>>check out recipe over at NomNomPaleo
- Make sweet potato hash for this recipe—>>>>Sweet Potato hash w/ fried eggs
- fry bacon (snack)
- bake chicken (all meals)
- bake kale chips–(still need to make)go check out this blogger, Popular Paleo for the Seasoned Kale chips recipe I am going to use. She has tons of great Paleo recipes to try out!
- sweet potato hash w/ fried egg (see above link)
- dinner leftovers
- scrambled eggs w/ roasted veggies
- hot dogs
- turkey slices w/ mustard, spinach, carrots & avocado
- breakfast or dinner leftovers
- hamburgers/hot dogs
- Deconstructed spaghetti squash carbonara –>>>Popular Paleo– here is the link—>>>http://popularpaleo.com/2013/05/15/deconstructed-spaghetti-squash-carbonara-paleo-style/
- Sausage and Peppers Frittata —>>>Popular Paleo–here is the link–>>http://popularpaleo.com/2012/11/17/sausage-peppers-frittata/
- Salmon w/ veggies
- kale chips (see link above–^^)
- Kombucha fruit snacks
- hard-boiled eggs/olives (protein/fat)
As you can tell with my recipes for this week I have newly discovered another paleo blogger, Popular Paleo. Her pictures of her recipes always look so appetizing, I just hope when I go to make it they look at least half as good as her pictures. She even has a whole section on frittatas. Frittatas I have learned are one of the easiest meals to make and prepare ahead of time, they are always a good go-to meal.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Have you ever been to a tea house? Today was my first time!
Did you do anything exciting this weekend?