This post will be short because I realized that this weeks’ food prep was very similar to last weeks and I don’t want to bore you. I did make a couple new recipes for the week and they turned out really good.
I don’t know if you missed it, but I was one of the bloggers featured on Lindsay’s The Lean Green Bean blog on her Sunday Food Prep Inspiration 16 post yesterday, go check it out—>>http://www.theleangreenbean.com/sunday-food-prep-inspiration-16/
Enough about me, onto what you have been waiting for, my Sunday Food Prep for the week.
- roasted unsalted sunflower seeds (Sprouts) (snack)
- sweetened banana chips (Sprouts) (snack)
- Thompson seedless raisins (Sprouts) (snack)
- yellow mustard (Sprouts)
- Bacon (Sprouts)
- baby carrots & regular carrots (Sprouts)
- strawberries (Sprouts)
- Baby spinach (Sprouts)
- blackberries (Sprouts)
- blueberries (Sprouts)
- Cherries (Sprouts)
- cilantro (Sprouts)
- red beets (Sprouts)
- sweet potatoes (Sprouts)
- bananas (Sprouts)
- yellow onions (Sprouts)
- Starbucks (French roast & espresso roast) (Target)
- Half and Half (Target)
- Chobani (Target)
- Chobani Flip (Target)
- made hard-boiled eggs (extra protein/lunch)
- baked chicken (protein/lunch/dinner)
- chopped carrots (lunch/snack)
- Roasted beets for the marinated beet recipe (side)>>http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4459404121/marinated-roasted-beets
- shredded and cooked sweet potatoes (breakfast/any meal)
- made parsnip hummus (snack/any meal–can use baby carrots and/or bell pepper strips for dipping)–>>>http://popularpaleo.com/2013/04/18/roasted-parsnip-hummus/
- sliced bell peppers into strips(scoops)(snacks)
- wash cherries (snack)
- sweet potato hash w/ fried egg
- scrambled eggs w/ marinated beets
- turkey roll ups (spinach/carrots/yellow mustard)
- leftover dinner
- hamburgers (sans bun)
- grilled chicken w/ curry honey mustard sauce (health-bent.com)–>>http://www.health-bent.com/sauces/curry-honey-mustard
- Crock Pot Italian Beef w/ spaghetti squash (Popular Paleo)–>>http://popularpaleo.com/2013/05/21/crock-pot-italian-beef/
Like I mentioned above, my meals are pretty much the same as last week, so my goal for next week is to get some variety in my meals.
I know this is completely off topic, but I need to take a survey regarding the differences between expensive coffee makers and cheap ones. This has been bothering me ever since I had to buy my cheap coffeemaker and I need to know if I am the only one with this problem. When I had to buy a new coffeemaker there was one at Target for only $16 bucks and I thought it was a steal so I brought it home and started using it right away. I told myself, why was I spending $100 bucks on one, when there are ones for $16. Well I found out there is a difference, a big difference and it is costing me money. The difference is in the way the water sprays onto the top of the coffee grinds. My expensive one sprayed directly in the middle above the grinds w/ an actual spray effect (where it reaches every inch of those coffee grinds). The cheap one has a spout the comes from the side and is not a spray, it is just a “faucet” like stream. This means that I am using a lot more coffee grinds to get the strength that I need. I am going through 2 1/2 lbs of coffee in about a 2 week period. I hope that made sense? When I was explaining this to my hubby he says, “what the hell you talkin’ about?”. He isn’t a coffee drinker, at all, so he doesn’t understand the importance of a good strong cup of coffee. I take my coffee very seriously!
To recap: invest in a somewhat expensive coffeemaker or one that has a spray like effect water output.
I am now on the hunt for a better coffeemaker. Any suggestions? What kind of coffeemaker do you have?
Had to share this picture of Z and Dexter. I think Z likes Dexter more than Dexter likes Z, but it doesn’t seem to bother Z, he is a loving guy. Speaking of Dexter, the final season of Dexter, the television show, starts in less than 4 weeks! Yay, a whole 3 months earlier than usual. If Z had come first before our dog (Dexter) then there was going to be a good chance that we would have named our son, Dexter. Lucky for our families, that didn’t happen. We just really like the name, Dexter (it is different and unique).
Any Dexter fans? I am sad that it will be the last season, but I think it is time.
WIAW #2 (Wednesday, June 5)
Pin-it Party (Thursday, June 6)