Hi! Me again! I know 2 posts in 1 day, what’s up with that?! I felt in my last post I really didn’t focus on running, since it is National Running Day! I wanted to dedicate a whole post to running. I was on Hungry Runner Girl’s blog and she had a running pop quiz on her post for today and asked us to either answer them in her comment section or on our own blogs. I thought it would be fun to show all of you my answers to her quiz. I used to hate pop quizzes in school, but this one is obviously different.
1. On average how many races do you run a year?
Answer: average of 3-4 a year. 2011 I only did 1 race due to being pregnant. Have only ran 16 races in the last 4 1/2 years, so an average of 4 a year.
2. Head accessories, things you have to run with: a hat, a visor, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen, head band, ponytail, braids, sweat band?
Answer: I always have a head band, ponytail, and sunglasses.
3. Where do your workouts come from? A training plan, a coach, whatever you feel like doing that day or what your training partner is doing that day?
Answer: In all my races I have always used Runner’s World’s smart coach training plan. I do adjust the plans to my own capabilities. For my marathon training they want me running 5 – 20milers and with 2 consecutive 20 milers being only a couple of weeks out from the race. I take a month at a time and adjust the plans according to how I feel.
4. How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes?
Answer: 300-400 sometimes sooner. whether the shoes start falling apart or when the soles get worn down, which ever comes first.
5. Cell phone= do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home?
Answer: on my long runs= always. I just started taking my cell with me on my shorter runs, just in case.
6. What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner?
Answer: *knock on wood* It has been a very long time.
7. Is your current running goal about running a farther distance (adding more mileage) or getting faster or BOTH?!?
Answer: Both; currently training for my 1st full marathon (have never ran further than 13.1 miles), during my speedwork/tempo runs I just started working on improving my times.
8. Speedwork—-> at the track, on the treadmill, on the roads or never do it?
Answer: on the roads. ( I don’t have access to a track nor a treadmill)
9. Stretching after a run: hit the ground after a run and get stretching, stretch in the shower, stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching?
Answer: skip the stretching ( I am doing a 30 day yoga challenge and get my stretching in that way)
10. What was your reason(S) for starting to run?
Answer: The main reason I started running was to lose weight, after the Freshman 15 (more like 25 ). Now I run because I love the challenge, freedom and how good I feel after a run. Go to this previous post and I explain why I love running–>>https://onemotherofaday.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/top-5-friday-reasons-why-i-love-running-why-you-should-too/
Feel free to answer any or all of the questions!
I would love to hear everyone’s responses!!
Did you go for a run today? It is National Running Day, I hope you did.