Since I haven’t posted about how my Whole30 is going I figured I would use the WIAW as a forum to include all my favorite meals I have been enjoying during this Whole30 round. I haven’t been perfect during this Whole30, but I am accomplishing what I want.
These eats are my “Oldie but goodie” meals, that are tried and true recipes. I don’t need to follow any recipes because I have made them so much I have them memorized.
Here is what I have been munching on in the last couple weeks. Enjoy!
2. Cottage Pie (Well Fed)
3. Sage Bison (beef) burgers w/ apple, bacon, onion chutney + sweet potato fries (recipe below)
1. Sage roasted butternut squash (Beyond Bacon-Paleo Parents)
2. Cinnamon roasted carrots
Sweet potato/yam fries:
**Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees.
Peel the yams and slice them lengthwise using a mandolin (1/4″).
Cut into “fry” shape (however thick or thin you want to make them).
Toss with coconut oil, cinnamon and salt ( I use Himalayan pink sea salt)
- Spread “fries” onto a foil lined cookie sheet, make sure they aren’t all stacked on top of each other.
- bake for 15 mins, toss them around to make sure they cook evenly.
- bake for another 10 mins. toss the “fries” again.
- Set oven for broiler on HIGH.
- Bake “fries” for another 15 mins or so, make sure to check every 5 mins and stir them as well to make sure they don’t burn!
- Once the “fries” are as crispy as you want them take out of oven
Of course, don’t forget to head on over to Jenn @ Peas & Crayons to find out what other bloggers have been munching on lately!
Have you tried sweet potato fries? Are they better than the regular ones?
What is your favorite meal that you could every day single day and wouldn’t get sick of?