Yes I am back with my weekly food prep post! I know everyone has been wondering what happened! Well the truth is I just got lazy! Since my marathon (which has been over 3 weeks!) I had been completely off the Paleo Wagon. The wagon was backing up and pulling forward over me quite a few times. It was quite a scene for my hubby to watch me carry my plate of goodies to the living room every night and plop down on the couch and devour all the sweets. I knew after the 3rd week of this bad habit I needed desperately to start another 21 day sugar detox. It also wasn’t a good sign when as I was eating my candy my teeth started hurting. You would think that would stop me from eating the candy but, I would always manage to get in a couple more bits before it was really painful and had to put the candy down.
Well, onto more important things. I didn’t do all my food prep all in one day because I was just lazy and didn’t want to! My food prep hasn’t changed that much since the last time I had a food prep post. I will try to get more variety in for next week!
**sorry for all the exclamation points! You know I’m a fan!
Food Prep (Basics)
- Bake chicken (PROTEIN)
- fry up bacon (FAT)
- hard boil eggs (PROTEIN)
- steam broccoli (VEGGIES)
- sauté bell peppers and onions (VEGGIES)
- marinated golden beets (STARCHY VEGGIES)
- bake whole sweet potatoes (STARCHY VEGGIES)
- scrambled eggs w/ baked sweet potato
- 3 egg omelet w/ spinach/bell peppers/onions
- sweet potato hash w/ fried eggs + sausage
- turkey roll-ups (turkey slices + dill pickle + bacon + yellow mustard) + HB eggs + black olives
- leftover dinner
- veggie frittata (recipe below)
- Meatza 2-ways (21DSD book)
- green apple w/ sunflower seed butter
- frozen bananas w/ cacao powder/coconut oil mix + macadamia nuts (reference blog)
Veggie frittata recipe:
- 10 large eggs
- 2 bell peppers (red & green) (sliced)
- 1/2 yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 broccoli crowns (steamed)
- herbs of your choice (fresh is better but dried will work also) ( I used basil, parsley, oregano & thyme)
Preheat oven at 375
Use a sauté pan that can go in the oven (some pans are not suited to withstand the high oven temperatures)
- Sauté peppers and onions with olive oil or coconut oil until soft.
- steam broccoli (or wet-sauté)
- combine broccoli in with the pepper/onion mix.
- whisk eggs and herbs together in a large bowl.
- add egg/herb mix into sauté pan with the broccoli/pepper/onions.
- keep on low-medium heat and cover sauté pan.
- once the eggs are set transfer sauté pan into oven
- Bake frittata for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are not runny anymore.
21-Day Sugar Detox: Level 2 with energy modification
I chose the level 2 because it includes full fat dairy (non-fat or low-fat are not allowed) and I know I can’t give up my half & half in my coffee. I have tried coconut milk instead and it makes my throat starchy.
In the 21dsd book you have an option for an energy modification.
“These modifications may be right for you if you:
1. live a very active lifestyle or work at a physically demanding job.
2. participate in high-intensity physical activity or exercise regularly (for example, interval training, CrossFit-style workouts, endurance athletics, or cardio/aerobic activity at moderate to high intensity for more than 20 minutes at a time).”
–The 21-Day Sugar Detox (Bust sugar & carb cravings naturally) by Diane Sanfilippo, BS, NC (pg. 80)
So, what does this all mean?
It means that I will still incorporate my beets and sweet potatoes as I normally do. As someone who runs 3 times a week and does cross/strength training 5 times a week I believe I need as much starchy carbs as I can get.
Here are a few of the foods I have been eating these first 2 days
1. 3-egg omelet w/ spinach and pepper/onion mix + marinated golden beets (breakfast) (NomNomPaleo)
2. Veggie Frittata (dinner) (recipe above)
3. Iced Latte + unsalted pistachios (snack)
4. sweet potato hash w/ fried egg (NomNomPaleo) + Applegate pork breakfast sausage (breakfast)
Don’t forget to check out my review on the 21-Day Sugar Detox I did a couple of weeks ago!
Also, head over to the official page of the 21-Day Sugar Detox where you will find (free):
- shopping lists
- success logs
- recommended products
- FREE 73 PAGE PREVIEW OF THE 21-DSD Book
I know I have many readers of my blog (based on the views) but, only a couple of you will comment. I love, love hearing from everyone! If you don’t like the questions I post then make up your own and leave a comment for me! I truly enjoy hearing what my readers have to say. I have learned so much from being a part of the blogging world and continue to learn!!
READY SET GO!!
Anyone run the New York Marathon this past Sunday?
Do you have a sweet tooth? Sweet or sour or both?