Yes, I know there are about one hundred and one of these types of posts circulating the world-wide web around this time of the year. But, I wanted to come up with my list of ideas!
Don’t get wrong, there will be some candy/chocolates in my son’s Easter basket this year or at least that’s what I hear that the Easter Bunny is going to bring. Those are only rumors, so we will see if the rumors are true, come Easter morning.
Okay, enough of my ramblings….Here is the list:
- Fun stickers ($1 bin at Target)
- chalk (found chick shaped chalk at the $1 bin at Target)
- crayons (so Z can break them into little pieces and peel off all the wrappers! Ugh!)
- bubbles (I bought an automatic bubble maker at Target)
- Spring-inspired plate and bowl (Target-can you sense a theme of where I do most of my shopping?!?)
- coloring books ($1 bin Target)
- Easter-themed books (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse–on sale Target $4)
- Happy Easter, Mouse! book (gotta have a Mouse book for each holiday, right?)
- puzzles (found foam ones, easy for the little ones to grab)
- Favorite (non-candy) snack (Z’s are teddy grahams and Cherrios)
- Favorite Movie that they don’t have yet (Z is obsessed with all things Dust from the Planes movie)
- New ball (Target less than $3)
- (recycled) Toy or book (we rotate Z’s toys/books so he forgets about them and when we bring them out again he thinks it is a brand new toy/book) WIN-WIN!
- matchbox cars
- homemade coupons, they can use to redeem (extra outside playtime, get to stay up an extra 10 minutes at night, trip to Starbucks to get a treat,etc.)
- Measuring cups and spoons (plastic)
- play dough and spring-inspired cookie cutters
- personalized mini photo album (buy cheap small album-put photos of your kiddos and/or favorite animals, things, etc) (Z loves flipping through our albums and looking through all the photos)
- Favorite fruit (avocado, banana, apple, oranges, etc) (any fruit that doesn’t need to be refrigerated)
- plain old plastic Easter eggs (can make a game out of them-have them collect all the yellow “ones”, blue “ones”, etc)
Shh! Don’t show this to Z! Keep this just between us 🙂
Hope everyone has a very happy Easter!
Does the Easter bunny come to your house?
Growing up, did your family have any traditions for Easter?
Don’t forget to follow me !