How has everyone been doing? Getting ready for the 4th? Any special plans? I’m linking up again with the D.C. Trifecta, aka Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed up for What?! for their weekly Friday five series. This weeks’ theme is “about me”. This sounded like a fun topic, who doesn’t like talking about themselves and especially bloggers. I know as a blogger we talk about our life, our interests, and our experiences, A LOT, so you would think you would know pretty much everything about me. Right?! Surprisingly for you, there are still some things you may not know about me.
Ha! You like how I completely ignored the fact that I haven’t posted on here in 3 weeks? You are probably wondering where I have been and why you are seeing a new post from me today? No? Okay, that’s fine. For those of you who still remember me, be on the look out in the next day or so for a post explaining why I took an unplanned break from blogging.
1. For the longest time, I wanted to be a toxicologists and/or a medical examiner. When I was a teenager i was reading a lot of Patricia Cornwell books who the main character, Kay Scarpetta, was a Chief Medical Examiner. I loved that she was a strong-willed woman who didn’t take crap from anyone, especially her friend/colleague Mario. I could really see myself in that field; on the end where the victim can not tell you their story, you have to figure it out on your own, by running tests, looking through evidence and examining the body. Well, I obviously came to my sense and realized that blood, guts and gore make me physically sick and that line of work would not be my best option.
2. I watch reality TV, a lot of it. Yes, I am guilty of it. I am not proud of it, but it is what it is. I actually watch more reality than non-reality. Don’t tell me I’m the only one?! If you need someone to talk to about who the latest Catfish was that Nev and Max helped catch or if Jenalle will ever get full parental custody of Jace ever again or if you are looking forward to the return of RHONJ (even though they have replaced over half the cast from last season-what’s up with that?!) than I am your girl!
3. I worked at a local coffee shop for over 7 years. Yes, it is true. It was literally the perfect job! What’s not to love?! You are around coffee all day, you drink coffee all day and you get to make others happy by giving them coffee. You wouldn’t believe how people’s mood would change after you gave them their coffee drink and they took their first sip of the day, their mood and demeanor were like night and day!
4. Owning a coffee shop. And no, not another Starbucks location! Please there are way too many of those! This is related to #3 since I spent so much time working at a coffee shop. Towards the end of my time at the coffee shop I was also going to school for a business degree. When we were assigned projects I would always use the coffee shop as my business plan. I had hoped some day I would be able to open my coffee shop and being able to fulfill a dream of mine. Maybe some day…
5. Went back to school to become a Nutritionist. That latest a quick minute. I was in between jobs (aka unemployed), at the time, and was trying to figure out what I wanted to do as a career and I have always been interested in nutrition, how the body works, etc. I registered at a nearby community college that offered a program in becoming a Nutritionist. I loved all the classes I enrolled in. I was getting A’s in all my classes. I was for the first time truly enjoying school. Then reality hit and I chose a full-time job over part-time schooling. Looking back, I wish I would have followed through with the program. Oh well, that is life!
Ugh! sorry for the complete lack of pictures in this post! I promise next post will have an over flow of pictures!
Did any of these surprise you or did you already know?
Your turn! Tell me one thing that people may not know about you.